Originally published on this site
- An employer has fewer than 500 employees including affiliates as defined by FMLA
- Pays employees who request up to 12 weeks of leave to care for a child under age 18 whose school or care provider is unavailable due to COVID-19
- Credit limited to the lesser of two-thirds of employee’s regular pay or daily rate of $200 for 10 weeks
Qualifying Reasons for Leave
- Under the FFCRA, an employee qualifies for paid sick time if the employee is unable to work (or unable to telework) due to a need for leave because the employee:
- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19; or
- is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretaries of Labor and Treasury.
- Under the FFCRA, an employee qualifies for expanded family leave if the employee is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19.